Non-Surgical Treatments in Chennai
Non-surgical treatments are considered as a sub-speciality of orthopaedics that deal with all types of non-surgical treatments of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal conditions.
If you are undergoing orthopaedic pain or have sustained an orthopaedic injury the idea of surgery may seem intimidating. In some cases, surgery is not essential to be done at all. And there are various other options for non-surgical treatments in Chennai to heal.
Generally, the physicians treat the patients non-surgically and in case if patients require any surgery, they would be referred to a qualified surgeon.
Many orthopaedic specialists are experts in providing treatments using non-surgical methods, which include cortisone injections, viscosupplementation (VS) injections, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, bracing, or simply physical therapy as the physicians have also mastered in providing less invasive, non-surgical treatment techniques.
Exercise based recuperation might be essential for your continuous therapy for a persistent muscular condition like joint inflammation, or part of your recuperation after a surgery. The objective of all exercise based recuperation is to lessen agony and expanding and improve or reestablish actual capability or wellness. This might include activities to increment adaptability, strength, perseverance, scope of movement, coordination and equilibrium, as well as different strategies.
Various kinds of non-surgical medical procedures
Non-surgical procedures can be assembled into three wide classes:
- actual assessment (propaedeutic methodology)
- tests, x-beams and sweeps (demonstrative strategies)
- therapies to fix the impacts of injury, illness or breakdowns, including drugs, physical and radiation treatments (restorative methodology)
Non Surgical Treatments
Certain common non-surgical orthopaedic treatments can be implemented at home as recommended by your orthopaedic specialist if you’ve experienced any orthopaedic pain or injury. Some of the non-surgical treatments in Chennai include,
- Cortisone injections or steroids are interchangeable terms as it allows targeted treatment to reduce pain or treat the problem areas cause severe pains, swellings or inflammations.
- Mostly it is used for controlling the pains or disorders in the joints during the non-surgical treatments in Chennai.
- Typically, one injection leads few negative complications and it is not so much recommended having several injections on the same area over a short time span.
- It is advisable by the orthopedist specialist to give a pause for a minimum of 3-6 months if you have used the cortisone injections. So that, you are recommended to take the injections in tandem with physical therapy appointments.
Viscosupplementation (VS) injections
- Viscosupplementation injections are therapeutic options used with hyaluronic acid by injecting, especially in the joint. The hyaluronic acid, a gel like fluid acts as a lubricant for the healthy knees as it enables the bones to glide easily and a shock absorber for the joint loads.
- Mostly persons with lower concentration of hyaluronic acid or individuals suffering from osteoarthritis get treated in this procedure.
- You will receive about one to five shots over several weeks after the non-surgical treatments in Chennai to get good results as it may provide relief from arthritis.
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections:
- Most of the disorders to treat various orthopaedic problems and injuries starting from sprained knees to chronic tendon injuries is termed as the platelet-rich plasma treatments.
- Blood is mainly termed as plasma that comprise all the solid components like the red cells, white cells and platelets. The platelets help in clotting of blood and is very helpful for healing.
- Typically, PRP is a plasma with more platelets to speed up the healing process. Sometimes, PRP is given for patients after undergoing surgical treatments for repairing or healing injuries.
- In short, using our platelets, and plasma aids in healing under non-surgical treatments in Chennai.
Bracing, booting, and casting
- Certain injuries need to be immobilized before indicating any other nonsurgical or surgical treatment.
- Disorders like Achilles tendinitis and ankle sprains are treated with immobilization under non-surgical treatment.
- You will receive general anesthesia where you will be unconscious and painless.
- The physician will then move your joint in different directions to loosen the tightened tissue for flexible movement.
- The sterile water is injected into the joint capsule that can help you stretch the tissue and make it easier for mobility after the non-surgical treatments in Chennai.
- In many orthopedic injuries, especially in sports or athletics the muscles get weakened surrounding the joints due to overuse or by using poor techniques.
- A trainer orthopaedic physical therapist is required to treat and condition the muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the musculoskeletal system to retain maximal functional independence.
Non-Surgical Treatments for OA
Exercise and Weight reduction
Nonsurgical administration of knee OA begins with weight reduction and muscle reinforcing. Each pound of weight can put up to 6 pounds of tension on the knee joint during movement. Overweight individuals will quite often foster joint inflammation at a previous age and to a more prominent seriousness than non-overweight individuals.