Orthopaedics is the branch of medicine that is engaged in the prevention or correction of any injuries or disorders in the skeletal system that is associated with joints, muscles and ligaments.
A medical professional who is specialized in diagnosing and treating the disorders associated with joints, bones, muscles and ligaments is popularly termed or called an orthopaedic doctor. They are the best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai who are literally the medical professionals to treat conditions like arthritis, sports injuries, back pain, leg and foot pain.
Top 15 Best Orthopaedic Doctors in Chennai
There are some credible orthopaedic doctors in Chennai, with some of the best orthopaedic doctors in Chennai.
- Dr. L. Bharath is listed among the best Orthopaedic Doctors in Chennai. He specializes in Knee & Hip surgery including primary, complex & revision (previously failed) joint replacements, sports injuries & arthroscopic (keyhole) procedures.
- Dr. L Bharath has performed 8000 surgeries and stands out as among the best orthopaedic surgeons in India with his extensive focus on upgrading himself on procedures and operations, in particular, the Joint replacement surgery.
- He looks beyond the medical reports of the patients and insists they stay active after the surgery rather than suggesting painkillers to restart their life.
- Available Time : Mon-Sat 9 am to 8 pm | Sun – 10 am to 3 pm
- Prof. Dr. S. Sundar is the Medical Director at VS Group of Hospitals and is popularly known as the best knee replacement surgeon in Chennai. He has an extended year of experience and is specialised in knee, shoulder and hip surgery in Chennai.
- He dedicates himself in using state-of-the-art treatments with emphasized modalities to provide the best results in fracture fixation, joint replacements and arthroscopic surgeries for sports injuries, etc.
- Moreover, he is much appreciated for providing extensive treatments which has helped a greater number of patients for rapid recovery. He ensures that the patients have to experience a lesser chance of infection from the comprehensive surgical treatments and makes them feel highly comfortable with quick rehabilitation to help them to return back to their normal lifestyle.
- Dr. Lenin is one of the best knee replacement surgeon in Chennai who is associated with a super speciality Dr. Lenin’s OrthoInde boutique hospital. He has more than 2 decades of experience in performing more than 20,000 arthroscopic and joint knee replacements successfully. His main objective is to provide affordable and accessible orthopaedic treatment to everyone.
- Moreover, his holistic approach in providing treatments for knee and shoulder problems by adopting minimally invasive techniques has created success rates of sheer surgeries. He also explains the patients the need for performing the treatment with a mission to make the patient feel more confident and leave with happy faces after easing their pain with a comprehensive treatment.
Dr. RM. Alagappan who is currently associated with Hande Hospital is known as the best knee replacement surgeon in Chennai. He is an expert orthopaedic surgeon in areas of specialisation that include trauma surgery, minimal access spine surgery, joint replacement surgery, arthroscopic keyhole surgery, etc.
He is well appreciated for extensive training using the latest technology and procedures besides his exclusive work on fractures and complex surgeries in joint replacement. Moreover, the decades of experience he holds with a wide-ranging skill in handling all surgical and non-surgical procedures has gained him more credit in providing a complete patient care.
- Dr. S. Phani Kiran is considered an eminent orthopaedic expert in Chennai. He is often referred to as one of the skilled spine surgeons in the country. He has carried out more surgeries with successful statements by asking numerous questions to the patients to understand the main issue and to begin the treatment accordingly. He is a good motivator in giving good treatment.
- Even in case of long queues, he observes the staff manage people in a very positive approach. He attends seminars local and state-wise to stay updated with the latest techniques and plans the treatment accordingly.
- Dr. Madhu Thottappillil is one of the best general surgeons in Chennai. He has been related to various sports bodies in Tamil Nadu in his career as a specialist in Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation. He has participated in various international workshops and conferences aimed at improving sports performance and the prevention of sports injuries.
- He has addressed severe injuries including sprains and tears and has provided treatments depending on the injury. He has seen patients with several sports injuries and often performed surgeries and has provided invasive treatment procedures.
- Dr. A. Shanmuga Sundaram was a post-graduate educational faculty at Madras Medical College and Coimbatore Medical College. He is very much trained in knee and hip replacement surgery, keyhole arthroscopic surgery, and all type of complex fracture management.
- He gives a clear explanation to the problem in analysing the kind of issue and finds the root cause of the problem and provides a lucid treatment to the patients by explaining the actual procedures for the treatment
- Dr. A. P. Siva Kumar from Chennai has enough experience in handling most of the different types of musculoskeletal injuries that include fractures, sprains, dislocations, wounds with tendon, muscle and nerve injuries etc.
- Primarily a conventional surgeon resorts to surgeries only if it is certainly essential. He advises and encourages the patients that more than 90% of issues related to orthopaedics can be treated by non-surgical methods and he always targets optimum and practical results.
- Dr. Venkatarama Swaminathan is well-known among the best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai. He is well adept and skilled in performing surgical procedures which are extremely complex intricate surgeries. His excellence in the fields of total joint replacement, arthroscopy, fracture cum dislocation, spine surgery, and sports surgery, and lastly but not least surgery in cerebral palsy.
- Many patients approach him as they can clarify their doubts regarding the issues or surgical procedures with clarity after consulting with him. His polite gesture in handling the patients has gained him appreciation as he ensures to treat them with painless medications and speedy recovery.
- Dr. C. Rajasekhara Reddy has an extensive years of experience among the best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai. His clinical interests are focused on hip replacement surgery, spine surgery, knee surgery, joint replacements, sports medicine, hip surgery, etc.
- He has high success rates in providing these sophisticated treatments by educating the patients regarding the exact issue they are facing and how to overcome it with surgical and non-surgical methods to get back to their normal lifestyle.
- Dr. C. Vijay Bose is one of the best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai with a thriving experience in treating complex knee, hip and shoulder problems. His special techniques like coaxial stitch technique have given accurate results to the patients after getting treated under his supervision.
- He has also performed live surgical demonstrations in knee, hip and shoulder surgeries which has earned him more awards and recognitions and have created more confidence among the patients to approach him for surgical consultations or treatment.
- Dr. Senthil Kumaran is among the leading and the best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai. He is specialized in several orthopaedic procedures such as total hip replacement, key-hole surgery, disc surgery, shoulder/elbow replacement besides handling treatments with minimally invasive techniques.
- His keen interest in robotic & painless navigated knee replacements, cartilage/meniscal transplants, and researching or promoting new modalities of treatment for osteoarthritis and cartilage disorders has made him reach heights in the field of Orthopaedics.
- Dr. Ram Chidambaram stands among the best Orthopaedic doctors in Chennai as he holds expertise with vast years of experience in the medical field. In the field of Orthopaedics, he has excellence in shoulder replacements, elbow replacement, etc.
- He along with his team has handled specialized procedures that include rotator cuff injury, fracture treatment, wrist problems, arthroscopy, hand trauma etc. He is highly recommended for delivering superior diagnostic solutions and therapy procedures with a quality code throughout his treatment.
- Dr. K Krishnamoorthy is the best orthopaedics doctor in Chennai. He is a specialised surgeon in dealing with all orthopaedic procedures which include hip replacement, knee replacement, joint replacement, and fracture treatment.
- He treats his patients with utmost care and dedicates himself to providing the best treatment for a speedy recovery.
- Dr. Barry D’Rosorio is an orthopaedic doctor with par excellence in the field of orthopaedics. He is an expert in treating patients with computer navigated minimally invasive techniques.
- He has performed over 1200 surgeries using this technique which makes him a standalone surgeon as in providing treatments to minimal injury with less bleeding and ease in return of regular activities.
- Dr. B Chokalingam in the branch of orthopaedics is well known for treating patients with Polytrauma and has gained popularity being the best orthopaedic doctor in Chennai.
- He also holds excellence in handling the surgical procedures using the minimally invasive procedures for all the joint replacements and deals with grafting methods earning more positive testimonies of patients who have highly been beneficial.
Read also Knee pain treatment in Chennai.