What are the different Hip Procedures or hip surgeries?
We specialize in the following hip surgeries & hip procedures in Chennai
- Total Hip Replacement Surgery
- Partial Hip Replacement Surgery
- Revision hip replacement
Total Hip Replacement Surgery
The total hip arthroplasty of total hip replacement surgery involves an anesthetic, hospitalization, and an operative exposure of the joint. It is a surgical procedure in which the damaged bone and cartilage is ejected from the hip joints and is replaced with artificial components with materials like titanium, ceramics, cobalt-chromium ceramics, and very hard plastics to reduce pain and improve mobility.
Total Hip Replacement Hip Procedure
- During the hip procedures in Chennai, an incision or cut is made over the hip and then the femur is dislocated from the acetabulum. The socket’s surface is cleaned, and the arthritic bone is removed using a reamer.
- Then, the acetabular component is inserted into the socket using the artificial components. Then the femur or the thighbone is prepared by ejecting the arthritic bone to make sure that it exactly fits the new metal femoral component.
- It is inserted either by using bone cement or a press fit. After which, the artificial femoral head component is placed on the femoral stem to ensure that all the new parts are placed accordingly using special cement. Later, the muscles, and the tendons around the new joints are repaired and the incision is closed.
Partial Hip Replacement Surgery
In this hip procedures in Chennai, an incision is made along the outer aspect of the affected hip. The surgeon removes the head of the femur using the surgical instruments to prepare the femur to accept the prosthesis.
Partial Hip Replacement Surgery Procedure
In this hip procedure, an incision is made along the outer aspect of the affected hip. The surgeon removes the head of the femur using the surgical instruments to prepare the femur to accept the prosthesis.
The stem of the metal prosthesis is inserted inside the femoral bone. A metal ball is connected to form the femoral head. If the patient is strong after the hip procedures in Chennai, healthy bone or cement can be press-fitted, whereas, for weak patients, osteoporotic bone is fitted.
The implantation methods depend on the patients’ age and condition of the bone. Usually, patients with low demand in quality of life and with more comorbid conditions are treated under this procedure. After the procedure, the incisions are closed with sutures, and a final dressing is applied.
During the total hip replacements, when the damaged cartilage and bone are removed and replaced with artificial components, certain hip replacement implants may wear out or loosen from bone surfaces, depending on several reasons where the revision hip replacement surgery emerges.
Hip procedures in Chennai is a complex surgical procedure where specialized components and bone graft material are required to rebuild the hip joints making them durable and functional again.
Revision hip replacement Procedure
The incision is made over the hip to expose the joint, and then the femur is dislocated from the acetabulum to remove the old plastic liner and metal socket. After that, the acetabulum is prepared using extra bone and wire mesh to shape and make up a space for the socket.
Then, special cement, or screws are used while a new metal shell is inserted. The top of the femur bone is cut into several pieces to remove the implants. After the hip procedures in Chennai, the segments are cleansed and a new femoral implant on the femur is inserted either by bone cement or a press fit.
The femur’s segments and the femoral components are joined together with the surgical wires. The femoral head component made of artificial metal or ceramic is then placed on the femoral stem.
All these new components are secured in a place to form a new hip joint. The muscles or tendons around the new joint are repaired and the incisions are closed.
Check out the top hip replacement in Chennai to consult with.